Direct To Film (DTF) [As Low As $14.99]
|Quantity||Printed 1-Side||Printed 2-Sides||Printed 3-Sides||Printed 4-Sides||Printed 5-Sides||Printed 6-Sides|
You print an artwork on a special film and transfer this film onto fabric or other textiles.
Pickup or Ship: 0-2 Business Days
What is Direct to Film (DTF) printing?
DTF stands for Direct to Film. DTF is a type of printing method that prints your design on a special film. Once the design is printed onto this film, we then heat press the design onto your garment by pressing the design onto the shirt. The DTF design sits on top of the garment. One of the negatives of DTF printing is that the print doesn’t “breathe” as well compared to DTG printing because the “finish” sits on top of the shirt and is thicker compared to DTG. DTF printing is NOT recommended for t-shirts because the print doesn’t allow the t-shirt to breathe as much. This is not an issue with fleece fabrics (hoodies, sweatshirts, etc..) because the thicker fabric doesn’t really make a difference for the “breathability” compared to t-shirts. DTF is especially great because the print sits on top of the fabric, thus making it so much more vibrant compared to DTG. The DTF film might have a slight “rubbery” feel to it so it’s not ideal for t-shirts, but for fleece it won’t matter as much. The durability of DTF is also very impressive. For longer lasting results always wash your shirts inside out and in cold water. InstaCustoms only uses level 5 ink (out of 6 levels) so that the images are of amazing quality. Most, (if not all) of our DTF competitors use level 2 or 3 ink so that each print is much cheaper and faster to produce. Be careful of the competition.
- Recommended for fleece products (hoodies, sweatshirts, etc..)
- Unlimited colours
- Perfect for images, pictures, or designs with lots of colours
- Vibrancy is especially good on fleece products (compared to DTG)
- Can be used with any type of fabric (even 100% polyester)
- Great for pocket logos (polos, t-shirts, etc..)
- Great for sleeve logos
- Can not print fades in the design so there might be limitations
- Can not print very fine details in the design so there might be limitations
- Not as breathable, so it might affect comfort on t-shirts or any thin fabrics